Thursday, January 29, 2009

We Got Mail




Today, we got our USCIS Approval in the mail. FINALLY! We submitted it back in October. Referring to the earlier post about what things mean...this approval states that the US has pre-approved us to adopt from China. Don't worry-we still need to be matched with a child and be approved about 78 more times, but this is just one more step in the right direction. We are totally thrilled!

Tonight, Dwayne is taking Shannon out and I am taking Austin out. Sort of parent/child date night and "you got an excellent report card" reward. They will probably see a movie and believe it or not, my son wants to go shopping--he does need new shoes and I like to peruse the clearance racks for cute and fun baby stuff. And, you know, if I have to look at shoes too, so be it. I will suffer through it!

Gotta go get ready for my date!

Deb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! a step in the right direction! - kerri