Saturday, September 12, 2009

Time to change the Orange walls.

I am under the impression that it's time to change the orange walls to brown. Maybe if I completely immerse myself in a project and tear up the house, the phone will ring. I found out another friend of mine is expecting, maybe we will have babies together. (scratch head) I like brown with blue, I am keeping the blue.

The weather has been so beautiful, I feel like we are making up for summer now. Too bad the kids are in school, I have to enjoy it all by myself.

This end of summer is a great time. The tomatoes are OVER abundant, the pumkins are already ripe (and will probably be rotten by Shannon's birthday), green chili peppers-mmmmmmmm, homemade salsa, leaves are starting to fall, I turn 41 soon, and I have decided to spend some spare time couponing.

Two weeks ago I saved about 40% and last week I saved over 50%. I got good stuff, too. Mostly things I always want to buy, but don't because it's too expensive. Super Kmart has weekly free items, if you spend like $15 or $25. I got a 4 pack of die-hard AA's, 6 pack of Zest soap, paper towels, V0-5 shampoo and a few other things I forgot, all for free. Tomorrow is Sunday, I subscribed to the newspaper to help in the couponing endeavor. Also, the Suntimes has a free scratch and win thing going on, so I have the change to win up to $50K(Yeah, right).

I am blogging to the sounds of Elmo in Grouchland. Austin has his buddy Miles over and it's the night-night movie. It's just one of the best things of Austin's 7 year-old life to have a friend living next door. They don't see each other that much, only a few times a week, but they pick up where they left off each time. Usually crafting weapons out of thin air. They got to run errands all day with Dwayne today. Boy stuff. Shannon had a play date at a friends house. I was soooo close to getting the nose stud today, maybe Monday. It's a wait and see. By the way, I have a coupon for $5 off! That kind of nails it for me, no pun intended.

Alright, Elmo is over, the boys are trying to sleep in the same chair--have you seen the size of Austin and Miles lately? Have you see the size of my chair? This will be interesting. Time for lights out, or lights mostly out.

Happy September!

1 comment:

SRR said...

I KNEW it! I looked at you the other morning and thought "She did NOT always have a nose stud. Did she?" So I kept my mouth shut just in case it had been there all along:). LOVE IT! Inspiring me to put the belly button ring back in...