Thursday, April 28, 2011

Where is Spring?

We take joy in each day at our precious family.  However, I am really tired of this weather.  I know, unrelated, but that's what's going on here. 

Jadyn was baptized in March.  It was a beautiful service--followed by a potluck with over 100 of our friends and family.


Isn't she just completely adorable?  I got her outfit in China intending her to wear it for baptism.  It fit her perfectly. 

Speaking of perfect.  Austin and Jadyn's birthdays are a day apart.  We had a lovely party for them both.  With all the celebrations around here since she's been home, I wonder if she thinks life is always a party?  It pretty much is around here.  We are so blessed!

I am so happy at Jadyn's progress.  Her language is coming around quickly.  She knows a handful of colors.  The drooling has greatly lessened, sleeping is fantastic, eating is evening out and she loves the Backyardigans.  There's so much more to her growing (like a weed) and learning, she is climbing, sharing, playing independently, and much much more.  It really astounds me.  Some days I think she is quite delayed,compared to average, and then again she blows me away with her comprehension. 

Tantrums have lessened also.  I don't begrudge her a meltdown here and there, but she has had a few doozies.  There are just some times when we can't understand each other, and she can't verbalize her wants/needs in that instance and it's usually spurred on by overtired or hungry.  I know I already mentioned it, but these have greatly lessened.  What used to be several a day, is now down to only a few per week.  She is much easier to console and distract, but sometimes we just have to hold her (if she'll have it) or sit close and make sure she's ok.  She's always ready for snuggling afterward.

Speaking of snuggling.  She is now hugging. She will give a hug if asked, but she surprised me one night and just wrapped her little arms around me and hugged and hugged.  I about fell over.  This is one giant step forward. 

We are loving every second with little Miss and can't imagine life without her.  She is an amazing joy!


Happy Birthday Baby Girl!



Deb

3 comments:

The Tracy's said...

So glad things are getting better. Jadyn is beautiful! Happy Birthday Jadyn!

Ms. J said...

Hi there...followed your comment on Serendipty's blog to my way here. We've been home close to 3 yrs with our daughter but had significant grief and moderate attachement issued the first few months. I'm sure you have plenty of buddies and resources, but after reading a few of your entries, well, I wanted to extend a hand should you need another friend who has been in the trenches. Our daughter had open heart surgery about 8 months after we came home (did great, normal life expectancy now) and also has had dental surgery, too. So, if you need someone to talk too about that aspect, again, feel free to contact me.

Your daughter is exquisite! We had our Lil Pumpkin christened in her lavender Chinese dress, too ;o)

Deb said...

Thanks, Ms. J! How thoughtful. I am blessed to have a pretty good set of friends, who have adopted both SN and NSN from China, they have been invaluable during the whole process and even now. I know there are lots who don't have that type of support and kudos to you for offering help.

I am a firm believer in blogging truth and not all sunshine and roses.

I'm a lucky mama to be able to experience things going so well at 6 months home. The early days were tougher, but I was prepared for them to be even worse--thankfully that didn't happen!

Keep offering that help to others though, it might hit someone just when they seem exasperated.

Deb