Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas 2010



This song has a whole new meaning for us this year.  Especially the last verse.

The band Third Day recorded a song entitled "Merry Christmas". The guitarist from the band adopted a daughter from China; the song is about his wait to bring her home.

This video puts a family's pictures to the song.
MERRY CHRISTMAS -- THIRD DAY

There's a little girl trembling on a cold December morn

Crying for momma's arms

At an orphanage just outside a little China town

There the forgotten are

But half a world away I hang the stockings by the fire

And dream about the day when I can finally call you mine

It's Christmas time again but you're not home

Your family is here and yet you're somewhere else alone

And so tonight I pray that God will come and hold you in his arms

And tell you from my heart I wish you Merry Christmas

As I hang the tinsel on the tree and watch the twinkling lights

I'm warmed by the fire's glow

Outside the children tumble in a wonderland of white,

Make angels in the snow

But half a world away you try your best to fight the tears

And hope that heaven's angels come to carry you here

It's Christmas time again but you're not home

Your family is here and yet you're somewhere else alone

And so tonight I pray that God will come and hold you in his arms

And tell you from my heart

I wish you Merry Christmas

Christmas is a time to celebrate the holy child and we celebrate his perfect gift of love

He came to earth to give his life and prepare a place for us so we could have a home with him above

It's Christmas time again and now you're home

Your family is here so you will never be alone

So tonight before you go to sleep, I'll hold you in my arms

And I'll tell you from my heart, and I'll you from my heart

I wish you Merry Christmas

From all 5 of us.  Merry Christmas!




3 comments:

Debbie Sauer said...

She is adorable. Blessings

Cheryl V. said...

Feeling so blessed to have met Jadyn. We wait for so many different things...a traffic light to change, a medical diagnosis, summer fun...but a child...there's no comparison. A child brings a joy that can't be compared to anything else on earth. Your little peach is even more beautiful in person! Love you and wishing you blessings beyond belief for the new year...Cheryl V.

Angie said...

So sweet.

Much love,
Future Mama
http://expectingablessing.blogspot.com/