Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Care Package and Roadblocks

This is what we sent to Jadyn 2 weeks ago.


It's candy, cookies, a letter to her caregivers--whomever they may be--and a small baby photo album with 5 pictures.

I have heard good things about where she is living, that the nannies do prepare the children well.  How well can you prepare a toddler for her whole world to turn upside down.  Imagine your child's feelings if they were taken away from you at 18 months.  Now, it's not exactly the same, because your child is in a wonderful nurturing environment, however, Jadyn's world is all she knows.  I am trying to prepare myself for a traumatized baby, I know she will be, to at lease some extent.  Words of wisdom:   prepare for the worst, hope for the best.......trusting in God.

The ROADBLOCK we have come up against is related to our I800 application and unreadable copies.  The Chinese documents we (and our agency) received were scanned copies put into a zip file.  They are fuzzy and hard to read--although disagreeing with our US Immigration Entity, they are FINE.  They are like many others who have received approvals with the same type/quality of documents.  This could be fixed in a day, week, or month.  Like it or not, this process has to be completed before we can be invited to travel.  The kicker is that we submitted a sworn statement that these documents were issued from Chinese government and were translated accordingly, apparently in the US that is no longer good enough.  Forgive my cynical attitude, it's only a few weeks so far, but that could lead to a few weeks of me not holding my daughter.  Thanks for letting me vent.

No comments: