Thursday, September 23, 2010

One.......more........step closer. (Read like struggling to climb steps)

I had emailed my favorite Social Worker to find out if our paperwork, which was due to be picked from the US Consulate in Guangzhou, China and forwarded on to the China Center for Adoption Affairs in Beijing, was taken care of.  IT TOTALLY WAS---ON MONDAY!!!!!

We are now officially waiting for Travel Approval. Fwuuuuuu.  (Large sigh of relief mixed with anxious excitement.)  We are ready to go anytime.  It's just that pesky paper we need in order for our agency to coordinate appointments for us to get Jadyn and complete the adoption paperwork.

The upside is....this is our last paper to wait on.  The downside is......we are approaching a very difficult time to travel to China.  October 1-5, Friday-Tuesday, is the National Holiday, offices are closed.  Then the Canton trade fair in Guangzhou (our exit city) most of the middle of October - November 4th---travel is possible, but more costly then.  The Asian Games are in Guangzhou November 12-27th also, making it more costly, but possible to travel.  So......I have heard rumour that agencies like to avoid travel groups during these times, but I am hoping for the best!  God has a plan! 

I think I said it before, there is a group from Bethany Christian Services going the end of October, but we would need a miracle to make that one.  I believe in miracles!

Today, I found a stroller at a great price and a great coupon on top of it. Yesterday my cousins graciously offered for us to borrow their crib mattress (thank you!!).  Things are shaping up, gear-wise. 

Travel-wise, we have borrowed luggage, thanks Mom.  I would love to use airline miles to upgrade on the way home, but don't know how that works, just yet.  Plently of clothes for Jadyn, baby care essentials, a few toys.......got an email from someone I met online who just returned from Wuhan adopting their daughter from the very same town Jadyn is from.  I have already picked her brain.  So why can't we leave tomorrow?  Oh yes, Travel Approval, plane tickets, hotel reservations..............details!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Yippee Skippee! Getting closer Thanks for keeping all of us informed. What a providential blessing about the couple who just adopted from Jadyn's home town. I'm so excited for you! Love and hugs, Cheryl

SRR said...

Phew is right! I'm feeling a huge amount of relief for you right now. I believe in miracles too Deb. I'm praying with you that God wants you to travel at the end of October. And if that does not happen, I will pray that He gives you peace while waiting for your other travel date.
Love,
S

Debbie Sauer said...

Waiting is the tough part, but it soon will come to an end. Blessings

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I found your name on rumer queen and saw you were from Bethany! We went with them on our first adoption and it was fabulous! We are now pursuing another adoption but he was from a differant agency. Happy for you and I think I will "stalk" your blog and follow your journey! God is sure good and I know if He wants you to travel with the next group...you'll be traveling!! Hopefully that will work out.
Congrats
Liz Freeby
Minnesota Bethany group!!