Friday, September 3, 2010

I800--What's the big deal?

Well, this 8 1/2 x 11 piece of official paper is what is necessary to physically bring Jadyn into the USA.  It is the beginning of her immigration.  It means all her information is verified and she is available for adoption according to the Hague Treaty.  While we got a copy of it to submit with her visa application on Monday, we got the actual paper copy today in the mail.  Hallelujah!

It's starting to come together.  The very soonest possible travel would be the middle of October, but it could very likely be the middle to end of November.  That is extremely hard for me to fathom at this point.  I know that in the grand scheme of things another 6 weeks does not really matter, but I feel like it's similar to being 6 weeks overdue.  OK, not really, but you get the point--maybe 2 weeks overdue? 

The next step is where Jadyn's visa application is submitted to the US Consulate in Guangzhou, China and then when they are done with it, it goes back to China Center for Adoption Affairs in Beijing, who will then issue our travel invitation.  At that point, our agency will arrange travel.  Whew, can't wait! 

Time to buy a carseat:  this is what I have my eye on:


Sunshine Kids Radian xtsl

This carseat should take her from now until she is in middle school. 

I do believe we need a bigger vehicle.  I love my Prius, and it would suffice for a family of 5, but we do have additional passengers quite often and there are so many other options.  I think Toyota Sienna.  Time to get shopping!

Deb

1 comment:

Cheryl V. said...

Keep going...you can do it...you're almost there...I'm gettin' out my dancin' shoes when that girlie gets here! Love and Hugs, Cheryl V.